Sr. Elixir Engineer
UnDigital, a well funded SaaS startup poised for breakout success, is seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our growing team focused primarily on the backend. Proven management team with multiple successes growing startups including successful exits totaling over $1 Billion.
You will play a pivotal role in the growth of UnDigital. UnDigital envisions a world where every e-commerce package is treated as a valuable marketing touchpoint. We have developed powerful technology that allows retailers to include personalized and relevant marketing communication inside every e-commerce package to increase brand affinity and repeat business. We work with big name retailers and our addressable market is huge.
- Our personalized packaging technology allows brands to easily include dynamic marketing messages relevant to each consumer inside their packages
- Brands can test, measure and scale top performing campaigns
- Brands can provide the perfect product recommendations based on the items ordered
How does our technology work?
UnDigital combines a powerful cloud based marketing software with UnDigital printers that live at a brands fulfillment center. When a package is being boxed up our software pushes down a dynamic marketing print to our printers for that consumers package.
Unboxing is one of the last great untapped marketing channels with massive year over year growth. Providing relevant marketing to every customer at the time they open their package is a must for serious e-commerce retailers interested in increasing brand affinity and revenue. Come join UnDigital and help be a part of this exciting opportunity!
We’d love to hear from you if you like:
- Start-up energy working with a brilliant and passionate team
- Moving fast and building new features
- Solving difficult problems with simple solutions
- Working across all parts of the stack
About the role:
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with 5+ years of experience who loves tackling convoluted problems and coming up with clean, stable solutions that scale. The ideal candidate would be someone who has a genuine passion for designing and implementing elegant software solutions. They would also be intimately familiar (and up to date) with their development ecosystem for making sound decisions when it comes to choosing the right tool or library for the job. We expect our engineers to be able to contribute across the entire product stack, as well as collectively oversee the integrity of the codebase.
Our technical stack:
- Elixir / Phoenix
- REST API
- Terraform / Ansible / Packer
- Participate in design and development of projects, either independently or in a team.
- Participate in product decision making, providing feedback and suggestions for improvement.
- Be self sufficient and take responsibility of seeing projects through to successful conclusions.
- Lead design and development of projects, either independently or in a team.
- Be the gatekeeper of the codebase and ensure that it stays stable, readable, and free of technical debt.
- Manage and own the full lifecycle of the code from design, architecture, deployment to in production operation.
- Stay informed of latest technologies and best practices to contribute to design and architecture.
- 3+ years of full time Elixir software development experience
- Strong software development and object oriented fundamentals.
- Proficient with AWS.
- Proficient with domain driven design and services.
- Familiarity with React.
- Knowledge of good practices, preferred design patterns, and writing idiomatic code.
- Solid understanding of performance implications and scalability of code.
- Keenness for writing good, meaningful tests and maintaining thorough test coverage.
- Experience with large, complex code bases and know how to maintain them.
- Experience working on high traffic critical consumer facing production code.
Good to have:
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Experience with marketing or ad technologies.
- Experience with Elixir in a high scale production environment.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical and dental benefits
- Stock options
“Innovating at UnDigital has been a genuine privilege. If you're looking to grow, this is the right place.”
Head of Demand
Want to see what we've been working on?
We would love to show you how our cost-neutral technology is helping major brands drive revenue and delight their customers.